- April 28, 2022
- Posted by: admin
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 12+ months
No. of Positions: 12
The client is pioneering the way people experience online and in-store shopping. They are looking for an experienced engineering leader to help us design and improve customer membership experience and build scalable platforms on mobile devices. They are just getting started on membership experience and this is a very critical role to shape the face of the client brand
What You’ll Do:
• Lead the discovery phase of large Mobile Engineering projects by collaborating with cross-functional teams to determine project strategy; interpreting strategy into sustainable mobile solutions; driving prototype development to ensure concept is feasible; and implementing prototypes to validate projects.
• Troubleshoot business and production issues for mobile devices by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause, etc.); then engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of found issues. Upon issue resolution, perform a root cause analysis across multiple mobile devices to prevent future occurrence.
• Lead project teams for Mobile Engineering projects by providing direction regarding project plan; identifying short- and long-term solutions and timelines; providing guidance regarding project issues or roadblocks; reviewing and approving proposed solutions; implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
• Develop innovative mobile technology solutions and strategies to support business objectives by collaborating with cross-functional business partners; developing assessments of key opportunities; benchmarking and analyzing industry best practices; forecasting for future technologies; driving high-priority initiatives; identifying and implementing solutions; communicating with and influencing decision-makers and executives within the organization; influencing the industry to adopt sustainable solutions; and defining software development guidelines, standards, and processes.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to determine project requirements; translating requirements into mobile solutions for iOS operating system; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code (for example, Objective-C/Swift) that can be applied to multiple types of mobile devices; developing user interface solutions; conducting testing to ensure solution is functional; communicating project status and roadblocks to team members and stakeholders; determining solutions to issues; enhancing design to prevent reoccurrence of defects across multiple devices; ensuring on-time delivery; and collaborating with project managers to provide guidance on project implementation plan.
• Drive the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
• Provide supervision and development opportunities for Associates (including offshore Associates) by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
• Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open-Door Policy.
• Ensure business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost- effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
• 7+ years of professional experience in various elements of full stack software development – native mobile, web front end, back end, and hands-on coding experience in the past
• Experience with a consumer facing app and ecommerce or retail shopping
• Hands-on experience building scalable backend systems and platforms
• Previous knowledge of
o Designing and developing advanced applications for the iOS platform
o Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
• Experience with bug fixing and improving application performance
• Work with outside data sources and APIs
• Experience with the agile methodology Scrum
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
• Proven software development experience and iOS skills development
• Experience translating wireframes into pixel-perfect views
• Knowledgeable about animation and screen transitions
• Have published at least one original iOS app
• Experience with iOS SDK, Services, and various methods of background processing
• Experience working with remote data via REST, JSON, Google Cloud Messaging, and the HTTP protocol
• Experience with Google Play APIs: Maps, Location, and Cloud Messaging
• Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
• Experience with analysis of memory issues using Xcode Memory Graph
• Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
• Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle and writing readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented code
• Experience working with Swift, Combine, MVVM, View Models, Reactive Programming, and other architectures
• Experience working with an orchestration Layer and GraphQL
• Experience operating in an Agile environment and using tracking tools like Jira
• Being a team player, critical thinker, and exhibiting problem-solving skills
• Having optimal time-management skills and interpersonal and communication skills
• Eagerness to help shape the direction of iOS development at Client
• Dedication to continue to learn, grow, and help Client tackle brand new challenges
• Collaborating with UI and UX Designers, as well as Software Testers, to ensure that each app is presentable and in perfect working order.
• Experience with collaborating with UI and UX Designers, as well as Software Testers, to ensure that Client’s app is presentable and in perfect working order
• Taking the initiative to monitor app reviews to detect areas for improvement
• Unwavering curiosity
CANDIDATE MUST BE A US CITIZEN, GREENCARD , EAD holder. HE/SHE Must be willing to join as W2 employee if required
Please email your profile with subject line: WM-BK-ENGR to email@example.com