- May 8, 2022
- Posted by: admin
Digital Payments team is responsible for launching new payment experiences for digital businesses WW. Do you want to own cutting-edge technology, solve tech problems that didn’t exist before, and have the ability to see the impact of your successes? We are a growing team adding new charters relevant to payment related customer experience for our digital businesses. We are looking to expand our dev center to Arlington, VA area with flexibility to work in hybrid (remote/office) or fully remote locations.
As part of this expansion, we are hiring a Software Development Engineer to lead design, implementation and launch of new payment methods for digital businesses like Prime, Kindle, Prime Video, Music Unlimited, Audible etc. In this position, you will contribute to the success of an international team that manages complex workflows, collaborates with internal and external partners, implements scalable large scale solutions, uses all the flavors of the JVM (Kotlin, Scala, Java), and leverage NAWS components to delight digital customers WW. We operate in a fast-paced environment, using agile methodology and lightweight SOA design patterns. We have exciting work for you, encourage innovation and expect developers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle.
Key job responsibilities
Specifically, you will:
· Own the architecture of several components of the Payments tech stack
· Continuously working on improving the current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, and on the development of major routines and utilities.
· Designing and building features with a strong mindset towards performances.
· Preparation of technical requirements and software design specifications.
· Understanding the internals of graphics systems.
· Instilling best practices for software development and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedules
· Solve complex architecture and business problems. Innovate to solve unique problems in simple yet elegant way. Solutions are extensible.
· Take ownership for ensuring sanity of architecture, operational excellence and quality and insisting on highest standards while working with other software teams.
· Own the delivery of an integral piece of a system or application. Write high quality code that is modular, functional and testable; – Establish the best coding practices
· Communicate, collaborate and work effectively in a global environment unafraid to think out-of-the-box
· Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent.
A day in the life
· About the team
We are the custodians of payments for all digital businesses in amazon in established and emerging countries. We create delightful paying experiences by launching new payment methods for our customers world-wide.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
· Eager to learn and learn fast, enjoy a fast paced environment
· Self-directed, demonstrate leadership potential and a team player
· Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
· A high degree of pragmatism in building the simplest thing that does the job; we want to use technology to solve real-world problems expediently, not indulge in over-designed, unnecessarily intricate software architecture.
· Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit